COVID-19 Update – South Chesterfield Golf Club – September 2020
Under the current guidelines we can now permit up to 4 players per tee time.
We must ensure that the safety and well-being of everyone involved from golfers, to club staff and greenkeepers is maintained at all times, so we have put systems in place to ensure this.
The online booking system has now been activated and bookings can be made either online or via the club on 01246 856044.
Please see the reopening procedures below and we cannot tell you how much we are looking forward to seeing you – even from a distance!
THE KEY TO SOCIAL DISTANCING IS SIMPLY COMMON SENSE. We must all act responsibly as play resumes.
• Tee (start) times will remain at 8 minute intervals
• YOU MUST STILL REGISTER WITH US ON ARRIVAL PRIOR TO ENTERING THE GOLF COURSE.
• The reception/golf shop area will permit only two people (plus a member of staff) at any one time; please do not arrive too early for your tee time to avoid overcrowding. We have introduced a one-way system. You will enter through the main reception doors and exit via the changing room corridor. Please follow the signs.
• DO NOT ARRIVE AT THE 1ST TEE UNTIL THE GROUP IN FRONT HAVE CLEARED THE TEE. REMEMBER, THE KEY TO SOCIAL DISTANCING IS COMMON SENSE.
The clubhouse bar and restaurant is now open for a takeaway service only at certain times of the day. This includes food and drinks. Refreshments can also be purchased from the Golf shop to takeaway.
You are not permitted to bring your own alcohol and consume it on our premises. Only alcohol sold by us can be consumed on our premises.
Outdoor tables are available to use. It is a max of 4 people per table with a 1 hour allocation per group.
• Changing rooms will not be open, however the toilets will be. All golfers are asked to change shoes etc at their cars.
• No mass gatherings allowed.
• Social distancing must be practised at all times, anyone not abiding to these rules will be asked to leave.
• Golf will only be social at this stage with no competitions, with no score cards available.
• We would ask where possible that payments made are via contactless card payment or if a member of the club using your club account.
• Buggy hire is available, one person per buggy unless from the same household.
• The driving range is open with an IN and OUT system which is well signed. OPEN FROM 8.30AM TO 9PM. Tokens and credit cards can be purchased from the golf reception up to 6pm.
Please note: the security gates will closed at 9.30pm. If you do not vacate the premises by this time, you will need to collect your vehicle the following day from 7.30am.
– No Rakes in bunkers.
– Hole cups turned up-side down.
– No touching of the flagstick, this must be left in at all times.
– Ball washes will be out of use (covered).
– Compressed air machine out of use.
– No flags on practice putting/chipping green, maximum 4 people allowed on the green observing social distancing.
OPEN COMPETITION EVENTS 2020
Please note that the Club Committee have taken the decision to cancel all Club Open Events until 2021. If you have already entered for one of these events please contact the golf club for more details.
They have already refunded all entry fees for players where contact details were given.
Please email the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact address if you have not yet received your entry fee refund.
Alternatively, leave your name and address with the Pro Shop.