COVID-19 Update – South Chesterfield Golf Club – 1 June 2020
Following the prime ministers announcement last week from today we can now permit up to 4 players per tee time.
We must ensure that the safety and well-being of everyone involved from golfers, to club staff and greenkeepers is maintained at all times, so we have put systems in place to ensure this.
The online booking system has now been activated and bookings can be made either online or via the club on 01246 856044.
Please see the reopening procedures below and we cannot tell you how much we are looking forward to seeing you – even from a distance!
THE KEY TO SOCIAL DISTANCING IS SIMPLY COMMON SENSE. We must all act responsibly as play resumes.
• Tee (start) times will remain at 8 minute intervals
• YOU MUST STILL REGISTER WITH US ON ARRIVAL PRIOR TO ENTERING THE GOLF COURSE.
• The reception/golf shop area will permit only two people (plus a member of staff) at any one time; please do not arrive too early for your tee time to avoid overcrowding. We have introduced a one-way system. You will enter through the main reception doors and exit via the changing room corridor. Please follow the signs.
• DO NOT ARRIVE AT THE 1ST TEE UNTIL THE GROUP IN FRONT HAVE CLEARED THE TEE. REMEMBER, THE KEY TO SOCIAL DISTANCING IS COMMON SENSE.
• The clubhouse bar and restaurant will remain closed but refreshments will be available in reception to take away.
• Changing rooms will not be open, however the toilets will be. All golfers are asked to change shoes etc at their cars.
• Golfers will be asked to vacate the premises as soon as they finish their game as no mass gatherings are allowed.
• Social distancing must be practised at all times, anyone not abiding to these rules will be asked to leave.
• Golf will only be social at this stage with no competitions, with no score cards available.
• Any payments at the golf shop should ideally be via contactless card payment or by club account.
• No buggy hire will be available initially but we will be reviewing this.
• The driving range is open with an IN and OUT system which is well signed. Ever other bay will be taped off to allow for 2 meters apart. OPEN FROM 8.30AM TO 6PM. Tokens and credit cards can be purchased from the golf reception up to 6pm.
– No Rakes in bunkers.
– Hole cups turned up-side down.
– No touching of the flagstick, this must be left in at all times.
– Ball washes will be out of use (covered).
– Compressed air machine out of use.
– No flags on practice putting/chipping green, maximum 4 people allowed on the green observing social distancing.
South Chesterfield Golf Club Team